Happy Halloween everyone! I had wonderful plans to post cute pictures of Rae in her pink leopard costume, but she woke up sick today. Hopefully she is all done puking now (she has kept down some Pedialyte for about an hour now). When she is feeling better we will have to dress her up even though Halloween will be over....
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
Posted by Allison Johnson at 4:22 PM
Posted by Allison Johnson at 8:39 AM
Six things about me. I am going to try to think of things that nobody will know, but if Rae wakes up I promise that all creativity will leave because of the screaming. Here goes in no paricular order...
1. I like it when Rae frowns, not cries, just frowns. She has such a cute frown. (Does that make me a bad mom?)
2. I am totally addicted to Dr. Pepper. I call it my sanity juice and I drink it like its going out of style!
3. I have never had a spotless house, but since Rae was born I have just let it all go. My house is always a mess now. I should be cleaning instead of doing this. Sorry Jeff. Someday you will see the carpet again...I hope.
4. I totally have a sweet tooth, or a mouthful of them. I can't go grocery shopping without getting myself a little treat. (Maybe that's why I can't lose those last 10 baby lbs...hmmm)
5. I am really funny about meat. It totally grosses me out if there are any bones attached.
6. I love taking pictures of Rae that I know she is going to hate me for someday. She has some baby cleavage (sp?) pics, some sleeping modestly pics, some stoned baby pics, and some saggy cheeks pics and I love them all!
Posted by Allison Johnson at 8:19 AM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Rae had her two month well-baby checkup today, so I am going to take just a minute to brag about her. First of all, she has grown so much! At birth she was 9 lbs 9 oz and 22.5 inches long. Now, she is 13.5 lbs and 25 inches long. That puts her in the 95% for weight and 100+% for height! Guess she is going to be a big girl!! She was so tough too. She just sat on the table wearing a great big frown (but no tears) while the doctor checked her out. She did cry when the nurse was giving all five shots, but she stopped as soon as I picked her up. Any of you that know her know how much she hates to nap during the day, and today has been no different. She is a trooper though, she is still trying so hard not to cry. What a good little girl! I was hoping the shots would make her want to cuddle her mama, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I sure hope she will want to hug her mama someday!
Posted by Allison Johnson at 4:00 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
Posted by Allison Johnson at 1:10 PM
Monday, October 15, 2007
Okay, if any of you out there have ever had a spider bite you might be able to sympathize with me. It all started about ten days ago when I woke up with a little sore on my thigh. I didn't think anything of it and went on with life as usual. It continued to get bigger and more sore over time, but my bruises usually do that before they heal too, so again I thought nothing of it. Finally at church yesterday, while I was trying to pull Rae away from my Sunbeams nasty little paws, it got bumped and I almost started crying it hurt so bad. I decided to go to urgent care on the way home and it had grown. My little sore was now the size of a softball and almost as painful as labor! Needless to say, it had become infected and now, only six weeks after I stopped taking Percoset, I am back on it. I think I have decided that Percoset must come straight from Heaven!!
Posted by Allison Johnson at 12:04 PM
Monday, October 8, 2007
Posted by Allison Johnson at 9:11 AM
Friday, October 5, 2007
I have been wanting to start a blog ever since baby Rae joined our family. She finally fell asleep so I am taking the opportunity to figure this blog thing out. I appreciate any ideas or tips any of you experienced bloggers may have!
Posted by Allison Johnson at 11:18 AM