Friday, August 26, 2011

Preschool for Rae



Rae was so cute on her first day of school, and begs to go back every morning now. She loves school and learning, and probably the social aspect most of all! She also loves Miss Heidi and Miss Sicely!

For journaling purposes, I was so excited for Rae to go to school. Laynee has always been very clingy, and I was hoping some one on one time with her would help her feel more confident. I NEVER could have guess how miserable that first day of school would be for her, or me. For two hours she wailed about Rae. I tried to distract her with soda and cookies, and she wouldn't eat or drink. I tried to distract her with Grandpa, with no luck. We went to Target to distract her, but she cried on. I finally gave up and just came home to let her scream. When Rae came home, you would think that Laynee would have been happy to see her. Not so. Much of the rest of the day was spent with me trying to restrain Laynee from beating the tar out of Rae. It was a rough day, but she has gotten much better as the weeks have progressed.

1 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Preschool is such a FUN TIME for these little ones. I am a huge supporter of preschool. I think it helps little ones in SO many ways. I am excited she is enjoying it. Just wait until she is in school ALL day ! It's tough sending them off for about 6 hours but you learn to love it pretty fast : )

She looks so cute in her school clothes ! And I am sad Laynee missed her so much. But you and Laynee will both love the one on one time with each other. I cherish this time with just Josh. I was able to spend 4 years with just Douglas because Josh was born. I love my one on one time with my kids