Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vegas Vacation

We had the opportunity to head to Vegas for Spring Break with Jeff's parents and sisters' families. We walked around and saw many of the free family shows at the hotels on the strip. I guess I had high hopes for Rae, and she was good most of the time, but she wasn't much for the shows yet. She would watch for about 30 seconds and then scream to be free to explore. Her favorite thing to see was the ducks at the Flamingo. She has just recently learned what a duck is and what sound it makes and she just couldn't get enough of them! Her all time favorite thing to do while we were there was ride the elevator. She had no fear. Even after her fingers got caught in the door (with no damage done, just one scared little girl) she still wanted to do it all by herself. Try to ignore the whale in a swimsuit with her. It is just my pregnant self squeezed into a swimsuit long after it should have been retired...

Beyond that, we just hung out, swam, and enjoyed the good company. Thanks Janet for planning the whole thing and allowing us to crash it!

(Some more pictures from our trip just for good measure...)


7 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! What a fun trip! I wish Spring Break existed in my world these days:)

Kami Milliron said...

I think it's cute you got a video of her riding the elevator. Douglas ALWAYS goes for the emergency button when we're on an elevator. He almost got it the last time too. Cute pictures though, it sounds like you had fun.

Kami Milliron said...

Oh and don't be sad - Douglas would have only lasted about TWO seconds in those shows ! Rae sounds like she did pretty good to me : )

Taryn and Sterling said...

Looks like great fun! I wish I could have gone.

mad white woman said...

I feel like the only person in the world, or maybe just Mesa, that didn't go on vacation last week. I guess that only means one thing: my time is coming!

Stacie Robinson said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how much she looks like you!

Carol said...

looks like fun - i love a family vacation!