Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Memories

This post is coming a little late, however, Rae has been a BEAR to be around lately with a really bad cold. Christmas is sooo different with a child. We started our morning at 5:30 because Rae woke up hungry and couldn't breath by the time she finished her bottle. She tried so hard to be a good little girl and go back to sleep, but she could only breath through her mouth, and she can only go to sleep with her Nuk. Anyways, her and I headed downstairs to wait for Jeff to wake up. When we got there I turned on the TV to the Yule Log. (I know, I am a TOTAL DORK!) As I sat on the couch holding my tired sick baby and listening to the Christmas music, I realized that a very long time ago another mother had held her baby and loved her baby the same as I do. I wondered as Rae snorted away, if Mary had any idea the suffering her baby would face in His life. I became overwhelmingly grateful for the sacrifices Mary made in being mother to my Savior. I can't even imagine standing by and watching as people hurt my child and not being able to do anything about it. My heart broke for her. I am so grateful to have the gospel and all of the undersatnding and blessings that come with it. I am so grateful for Christ and all he did for me, and also for this season we have to celebrate his life with family and friends. Thank you to everyone who sacrificed their time this season to spent it with me.


Now, on a lighter note...Christmas is sooo much fun with kids! I know that Rae had no idea what day it was or that she was opening gifts, or even why we were celebrating. She did know that she got to spend extra time with her beloved Daddy, and that she LOVES her new bouncer! Here are a few pictures from our WONDERFUL day!





4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Those are the cutest pictures ! I hope Rae is feeling better. Tyler and I are pretty sick too. Hooray for the cold and flu season !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it was so nice to read. You're a wonderful person and an amazing, patient, loving Mom to Rae. She is so lucky to have you and I am lucky to have you as my bestest friend ever : )

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

How cute, I love the last pic of how she's looking at the present. I like the family pic too. I just realized we don't have any pics of me and Ben with Kylee. Maybe we should have our neighbor take one. I'm glad she likes her bouncer, it looks like fun! I want one! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, that was nice to read. Made me want to go read my scriptures. :)

The Curry Family said...

It looks like Rae does lover her jumper, I want to get one of those this time around, don't know if we will though! I'm glad you had a great Christmas...by the way...my parents turn the yule log on every year while we are all over there opening presents and having breakfast. It's tradition! Thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts...This is such a wonderful time of year!

Deanne said...

I love the look she is making at the present in the last picture! It sounds like you had a nice Christmas and I love what you said about Mary and Jesus.