Wednesday, July 21, 2010

San Diego 2010














We have been home for five weeks now, so I guess it is time to journal our trip. Before we left, I was terrified to go. The thought of my wild card Laynee in a tent in a crowded camp ground for a week literally made my stomach turn. She really surprised me by being a great sleeper and only having issues one night.

We had a VERY BUSY, not so much relaxing stay. First, the weather on the beach was BEAUTIFUL! The days we were on the beach, Rae had so much fun playing with cousins and building sand castles. She even talked her dad into burying her and making mermaid fins with the sand. We tried several times to get a picture of our little mermaid, but as soon as Jeff would finish she would jump up. Laynee had a blast with almost freedom. She was allowed to crawl all over the sand, but for some reason she only wanted to go explore the showers and bathrooms (gross!). I am still not sure how she could crawl through the dry sand, because it burned my sensitive feet every time I had to go stop her from escaping the beach.

We also spent one day at the Wild Animal Park, one at the San Diego Zoo, and one at Knott's Berry Farm. Those days were all HOT! Apparently, July is not the best weather to go theme parking in California. Both of the girls did good at all of the parks. They were pretty much stuck in strollers for the zoos, and didn't complain too much about it. At Knott's, Laynee was able to ride a few of the kiddie rides, but only really enjoyed the Mac truck ride. Rae on the other hand, was able to ride everything in Camp Snoopy (the kids area of Knott's). Her fearlessness really surprised me. She insisted on going on a few rides that I was sure would make her cry, and she LOVED them. Hopefully, in a few more years she can be Jeff's roller coaster friend. I like to ride them, but the kids ones are just as much fun for me!

0 comments: