Friday, July 23, 2010

Laynee is one!


Laynee enjoying her birthday fork after she spit the cake out.

Laynee turned one while we were on our super-duper fantabulous vacation to San Diego last week. We went and got a sheet cake from Costco and celebrated with all the family that was there. I tried to feed her cake with a fork (because we were all filthy enough from camping for four days already), but she wasn't interested. Someday, if I ever get my act together we will let her dig into cake all by herself and maybe even open a present (she got a wagon that was great for hauling everything down to the beach in one trip, but it was too big to wrap...)

Anyways, her stats from her one year well-check:
Height: 30 in. 90%
Weight: 19lbs 9oz 25%
Head: 18in 75%

We have always joked that she was made from the supermodel mold, long and lean. Even though she has got quite the cute chunk to her thighs these days, I guess she is still my little supermodel...

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Laynee ! It seriously seems like just yesterday that I was holding her when she was only a few hours old. Crazy how times flies. She is more and more beautiful everyday : )

And how FUNNY that she and Josh are about 6 months apart and they weigh about the same ! Either she's skinny or he's a tub : )

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

awwww, so cute! I think we should have a planning meeting on Fri Aug 6th and I can bring a $5 pizza and then we can have cup cakes and celebrate Laynee! ;)

The Curry Family said...

I don't know how I have missed reading your blog for awhile...but happy (super late) first birthday Laynee!