Friday, April 17, 2009

Mommy timeout...

The day I thought I had successfully avoided came today. When I put in my contacts after my shower all I could see all over the carpet, my leg, and the wall was poop. Apparently Rae went mining in her diaper and struck gold while I was showering. After scolding her, cleaning her up, and then cleaning up the mess (and showering again) I was still furious. I find myself sitting in mommy timeout blogging away my frustration. Very therapeutic. Now that she has found how much fun her poop is should I expect this again in the future?!?

10 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Yup ! Time to whip out the duck tape. That's what we ended up doing to Douglas. He never played in his diaper. He would just take it off before he fell asleep and then we would have a lovely mess to clean up. She will get tired of it and grow out of it soon, but for now, duck tape that sucker on her : )

randa_joy said...

I was going to say that it sounds like you're in the duck tape phase but the Millirons beat me to it.

Leslie said...

Duck tape works, what also works is putting her in full body, one piece pj's or outfits that she can not get off.

Jen said...

Yuck! Poor mommy:(

I wish i was not eating my breakfast right now ha ha!

mad white woman said...

That's sick. I didn't put myself in time out today, but Clara scolded me. She told me I was talking too loud. I'd take that over poop anyday. :)

Ortiz Family said...

duck tape, thats the key!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

oh man, I don't want to get to that stage. gross! And drinking vinegar, nice!

Kami Milliron said...

Oh I forgot that we did that PJ thing too. We got the zip up one piece PJ's and put them on backwards. That way Douglas couldn't get his pj's off.

Stacie Robinson said...

On no! I would have reacted the same. Don't feel bad!

tiffany knox said...

ahhhh! thats awful. I guess we all have our encounters with poop eventually. dont worry it wont happen again...if it does buy duct tape for her diaper!
I am so excited to see your next baby! they are so sweet