Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

I have been a total blog slacker, and I have a good excuse, but that is a story for another day. We had a very merry Christmas at our house, but because we were trying to get some video we neglected the camera. I just realized we don't have even one Christmas picture for Rae's scrapbook. My mom of the year award is already in the mail.

As 2008 came to a close, I began to reflect on the changes it brought throughout the year. It was about this time last year that Rae was finally overcoming her colic...and what a blessing that was. I like to think of it as the beginning of a wonderful friendship. As the economy suffered, our family stumbled upon tight times as well. Jeff and I have come closer together and I have found that he and Rae really are the greatest joy in my life. We are also so grateful for supportive family and friends who understand and love me in spite of my sometimes stress induced grouchiness.

I love that a new year gives me a good reason to try and make simple changes to better my life. My goals this year are really quite vague. No weight goals this year. They don't ever work out for me. In 2009 I would like to be more prepared. I want to always feel like I can take care of my family. I am sure that just a little prep time on my part would help me breath easier during those "hard" weeks life throws my way. My other goal is kinda one of my deepest darkest secrets...so don't judge. I never clean my house. I almost can't remember what color my carpet is. I have a heart attack anytime there is a knock on the door because someone might see in. I am tired of feeling that way. I want to be proud to welcome visitors in my home...or at least the downstairs part of it.

I am excited to see what adventures 2009 will have to offer. Can't wait to create more wonderful memories with family and friends!!

(How is that for a totally long boring post that may be lacking vital information? Check back in a few days for pictures and an exciting story!)

5 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Hey, I thought it was a great post! I'll be sure to keep checking back for pictures and you're exciting story!! I'm glad you had a great Christmas :)

Leslie said...

Not a boring post at all!! I am the same way too. I hate unannouced visits...I need at least 24 hours to get ready for visitors!!

And I noticed that we are missing a picture of one of our kids, by himself opening up presents...we all do it. What is more important is to enjoy the moment, if that is possible.

Happy New Year!!

Kami Milliron said...

I enjoyed your post, but I wonder what the exciting story is ; ) I am so lucky to already know ! 2009 is going to be a tough year for us, so maybe you and I can make some new goals together. Cleaning is always a great place to start !

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

What nice goals. I don't like when people come by unannounced. A couple weeks ago somebody was at the door. I thought it was Ben or his nephews b/c they were out mowing the lawn. I was wearing my "Team Edward" t-shirt and comfy pants with my hair up. Yeah it was like 5 PM but so what? I'm always in my pj's. I was so embarrassed to find it wasn't a relative but somebody in our ward. I will be staying tuned!:)

Jake and Jenny said...

Happy New Year! I too am waiting for my Mom of the Year award! Ha Ha! Your doing great!