Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Belated Easter!

Our family had such a good Easter and were able to spend time with both of our families. Rae had a ton of fun at her first Easter egg hunt. The egg she found made a great rattle.Here she is checking out the loot in her first Easter basket. She had a ton of fun things like pink tennis balls, a hat to wear to the pool, and a bunch of new books. Her favorite things were her new flower headband and the tags on her stuffed animals.Here she is ready to go to church and learn about the resurection in sunbeams. I loved her little Easter dress! This was my favorite Easter basket though. Who knew that a cranky baby could be a cute baby by putting her in a basket?!?

Lastly, but not least important, I made a Key Lime Pie tonight from scratch. I was TERRIFIED to taste it because it came out of the oven a pukey yellow color. It tasted just like they used to when we lived in Florida. I highly recommend to anyone who has never had Key Lime Pie to try it. It is super easy to make, and key limes are in season....


13 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I LOVE Rae's Flower Headband, it is way too cute ! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I agree that an Easter Basket like the one with Rae in it, is the best kind : )

Oh and your Pie looks delicious, you should post the Recipe.

Carol said...

that is a weird color for a key lime pie but i am glad it turned out so good you little betty crocker. the flower headband in rae's hair is very cute, also, love the easter dress.

The Bates said...

She is so cute and looks so much like her mommy. I love key lime pie..but I never have seen one that color ;) I bet it was good though. Pie is my favorite!

Jen said...

I have a marvelous idea.....why don't you post the recipe & i'll give it a try.

Kami Milliron said...

I have another marvelous idea, how about you bring a pie to Bunco ; )

I hope Rae is feeling better.

Leslie said...

Hey Guys!! I was just surfing blogs and came across yours...I will have to add you to my Favs...I guess Jeremy is going to be working there where Jeff works!!

Your daughter is adorable!!

I kind of miss queen creek, especially all the people in the ward.

Anonymous said...

Aaaw! Rae is too cute! And hey, I think your key lime pie looks great!

Taryn and Sterling said...

How cute, I can't believe all the goodies the Easter bunny brought her. Your pie looks yummy. Good job, you are such a good homemaker! I am glad Rae is feeling better. She needs a play date with Ian, he will show her how to roll over, I can't get that boy to stay still.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

she is so cute, love the Easter dress and head bands. good job on the pie!

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

Don't you just hate juicing those tiny little key limes! I love the flower headband! she is so cute and so happy!

joy said...

Allison,
Kristi (Hermana Kleisler) would like your address so that she can write her. Could you either send her a letter (the address is on her blog) or put your address as a comment on her blog? She would appreciate it!!
Thanks,
Joy

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love the pictures! Rae is so adorable. I love the head band. I've never had key lime pie, but now I want to :)

Kami Milliron said...

I need some new pictures of Rae's sweet face !