Monday, July 28, 2008

Jensen Family Reunion

We spent last week in Utah for a reunion. I was terrified of the 12 hour drive there and home, but Rae did wonderful. Not one fit the whole way. (Although we did keep her happy with and endless supply of juice, goldfishes, Cheerios, and Baby Einstein.) Thanks for letting us use your portable DVD player Jill! I am positive it is the ONLY reason that our drive was pleasant.


This is the house in Pleasant Grove, UT Jeff was raised in until he moved to Arizona when he was five. It was so much fun to drive around and see all of the places that I have heard stories about! Rae really enjoyed getting dirty at the lodge. The cleanest place for her to crawl around was outside in the grass. Her mother must have been nutty to pack white shorts for her when we were going to be camping!

I was able to ride the zip-line while we were there. For those of you who don't know me, I am DEATHLY afraid of heights. It was hard to step off the platform, but so much fun to ride down!
This is almost all of the family that came up for the reunion. We took this picture right before we left the canyon to come home. (Joel and Kristina had stayed in a hotel-definitely easier with a baby, but that is why they weren't in the picture. I may have been jealous for a minute or two, I do love climate controlled rooms!)

We spent the first day in Lagoon. Jeff and I got ride the rides thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson staying with Rae. Rae enjoyed playing in Aunt Eden's wheelchair.



9 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I am SO proud of you for riding the zip line, my Sister said it was so much fun. And I love all the pictures you posted. Rae looks SO much like you but I think she is starting to have a little bit of her Daddy in her. It will be interesting to see when she gets a little older.

You have such a cute little Family : )

Taryn and Sterling said...

I am so proud of you for riding the zip line. I didn't do it when we were in Idaho. All the kids were trying to get me to, you are so brave. Looks like you had a great time.

Kami Milliron said...

Oh and I have to say that I LOVE the picture of Rae on your Blog Header ! She is so cute and she makes the funniest faces. I wonder if she will have the awesome talent you have of making your lips all crazy looking : )

I am SO excited for Fro - Yo tomorrow !

Carol said...

rae looks like such a happy girl - i love it. kudos to you alli-cat for the zip line, that looks like lots of fun.

The Curry Family said...

Didn't you love the zip line? They are a blast! It looks like you enjoyed your trip, and I'm glad Rae did well on the drive!

Vagabond Mother said...

How fun! It looks so pretty up there right now- even though we just moved a couple weeks ago, I miss being in those mountains!

Rae is adorable. . . I'm glad she was a good traveler.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

It looks like you had a great trip. Way to go, getting on that zip line. Rae is too cute! I love the pictures in your header!

Melissa said...

oh looks like you guys had fun. And cute cute CUTE little girl!!!

Karolee said...

Can't wait for cooler weather so we can start park days again. I miss seeing you and cute little Rae!